Many people wonder between two house plans; a bungalow and a maisonette, which one is cheaper. This house plan is a common question which we would like to add our voice to in order to offer help.
For starters, what is the difference between a bungalow house plan and a maisonette house plan?
A bungalow is a residential house plan occupying one floor. A maisonette is a residential house plan that occupies two floors or levels.
A bungalow house plan one would say spread horizontally while a maisonette house plan spreads vertically.
The common assumption is that a maisonette house plan is more expensive than a bungalow house plan. Is this true?
The answer is YES and No. It all depends on the materials used. Generally, suppose you use the same material for a 3 bedroom bungalow house plan and a 3 bedroom maisonette house plan, the maisonette will be relatively expensive because of the additional slab.
As someone looking to build a house, there are factors you need to consider when making a choice between a bungalow house design and or a maisonette house design. As you go through the house plans in Kenya pages, have these factors in mind.
1. Cost comparison
Maisonette will require an additional slab for the upper floor. However, in the process of taking some rooms up, there are other cost savings. For example, a maisonette will require a smaller foundation area since it extends upward or vertically compared to
Just like a foundation, a maisonette will require almost half of the size of the roof required for a bungalow. This will translate to savings on roofing materials such as timber, nails, iron sheets and labour. Most people when researching through a pool of house plans in Kenya rarely looks at the roofing materials.
Size of land
This should be the biggest decision making factor. It’s common knowledge that the prices of land in towns are very high and plots tend to be smaller in size. In many places you would find the biggest size people acquire is an eighth of an acre (50×100) but in places like cities, even that an eighth is not available. So people go for a half of an eighth (50×50). When selecting a house plan for the large pool of house plans in Kenya out there, take time to think of the size of the house suitable for your land.
To get the most out of the small size of land, maisonette house plan becomes more attractive because of the relatively small area required for the foundation. A caution for those buying land is to ensure that you use a surveyor to actually establish the actual size of the land as the one indicated in the title and the location as well.
Building Designs & Plans in Kenya, House Plans in Kenya,
- 1 Bedroom Modern House Plan in Kenya KSh35,000.00 KSh25,000.00 ADD TO CART. This is a one bedroom house design but can be modified to a two bedoom house plan.
- 1 Bedroom house plan in Kenya KSh25,000.00 ADD TO CART. This two can be modified to a one bedroom house plan or two bedroom house plan. This is part of the one bedroom house plans in Kenya you can select. Feel free to contact us over other one bedroom house plans in Kenya for you to make decision.
- 3 Bedroom Bungalow house plan in Kenya KSh35,000.00 KSh30,000.00 ADD TO CART. This is part of house plans in Kenya in our custody. If you want more of the house plans in Kenya to review, contact us.
- A budget friendly 2 Bedroom Bungalow house plan in Kenya KSh30,000.00 ADD TO CART. This is one of the several two bedroom house plans in Kenya which we have for you. In case you are searching for more of two bedroom house plans in Kenya, contact us.
- 2 Bedroom Bungalow house plan in Kenya KSh30,000.00 ADD TO CART
- 3 Bedroom Apartment House Plan in Kenya KSh40,000.00 KSh35,000.00 ADD TO CART
- 3 Bedroom Maisonette Building Plan KSh40,000.00 KSh35,000.00 ADD TO CART
- 2 Bedroom Apartment House Plan in Kenya KSh40,000.00 KSh35,000.00 ADD TO CART
2. Bungalow House Designs vs Maisonette House Designs: Security
Maisonette house designs
3. Land use
When you have small land, the best option is to go for a maisonette house design so that you can leave some space for other usages such as parking, garden or compound. A bungalow house design will occupy a bigger space and will minimize the portions which could have been left for other needs. Much as there are so many house plans in Kenya, think of one which will best utilize your land.
4. Individual Preference
The maisonette is considered to offer more privacy than a bungalow would offer. The upper floor is used for private spaces and makes it possible to attain some level of privacy. To have a dream home, your privacy must be covered properly.
From a developer’s point of view, it’s difficult to pick between bungalow house designs and a maisonette house design. It all boils down to personal preferences, house design and materials used. What we can tell for a fact is that we are available to help you make decisions from the pool of house plans in Kenya out there and also make your dream come true. Don’t fear discussing with us what you have chosen from house plans in Kenya. Any bungalow house designs or maisonette house designs you are considering for your project and how we could be of great help. Talk to us to help you achieve your dream home.
- Rental House Designs in Kenya
- THE COST OF BUILDING A 5 BEDROOM HOUSE IN KENYA.
- THE BEST HOUSE DESIGNS IN KENYA
- Simple house plans in Kenya.
- Property valuation methods.